Update on the Exchange Server 2010 Deployment Assistant as of December 22, 2010.
· Coexistence Scenarios Released
– On December 2, Microsoft released an update to the tool that included modifications and content to include rich coexistence information for those interested in maintaining some users on-premises and some users hosted by Microsoft Office 365 for enterprises in the cloud.
– As of now, the available scenario is targeted solely at those organizations with a current Exchange 2003 on-premises implementation, but additional scenarios for supporting Exchange 2007 and Exchange 2010 will be coming.
· A new Exchange team blog article was released to highlight the coexistence scenarios. See here.
· The Deployment Assistant was highlighted by InfoWorld in November, 2010 as of Microsoft’s Best Free Tools for Server Admins